Hulda’s beautiful Victorian Farmhouse was built in 1889 by her parents, Godfried and Wilhelmina Thiel. Later the home was owned by Hulda and her husband, Frank. Hulda lived in the home until her death in 1960.
A walk through the home is a journey back in time. Many of the original furnishings and Klager family memorabilia are displayed. Each year new and rotating exhibits of handmade quilts, artwork, antiques, and collectables are presented in various rooms of the home. In each room, a hostess will point out special items of historical significance.
Hulda’s home is only open to visitors during Lilac Days or limited special events. For more information, contact us at HKLGHistoricHome@gmail.com.
Hulda’s Historic Home is not wheelchair or walker accessible. Hulda’s accessible Potting Shed behind the Home has a video with detailed photos of the Home.